CLOSURE: Peel Restaurant Closed After Failing Health Inspection
If you regularly dine in the Malton area near Brampton, there’s a restaurant closure you might want to take note of.
Peel Region has closed down a Mississauga restaurant that’s very close to Brampton following a health inspection that failed to pass muster.
Asian Sweets and Restaurant, located on 7148 Airport Road, was inspected and closed on Thursday, March 2, 2017.
Peel Public Health maintains that the restaurant did not properly store food to prevent contamination and did not provide adequate protection against pests, posing critical safety risks.
Other reasons for the closure include improperly washed/sanitized utensils, poor housekeeping practices, and lack of a valid food handler certification.
The restaurant passed two previous inspections on Aug 10, 2016 and Nov. 21, 2016. However, both previous inspections revealed some unsanitary conditions, inadequate pest protection and issues with foods being stored at incorrect temperatures.
The restaurant is currently still closed.
For more info on all health inspections in Peel, click here.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Vehicle rolls over twice during collision in Brampton
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 172 in Brampton
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts
- Troops hit the road to prepare for fight against COVID-19
- CLOSURE: Chinese Restaurant Closed After Health Inspection in Brampton
- CLOSURE: Chinese Restaurant in Brampton Closed for Health Violations
- CLOSURE: European-Style Restaurant Closed for Health Violations in Brampton
- CLOSURE: Popular Pearson Airport Restaurant Closed for Health Violations
- CLOSURE: Brampton Restaurant Shut Down for Numerous Health Violations