CLOSURE: Popular Restaurant Shut Down in Brampton
Peel Health has closed down a restaurant in Brampton after it failed to pass a routine health inspection.
Indian restaurant Punjabi By Nature, located at 8887 The Gore Road, was inspected and closed on Tuesday, May 30, 2017.
Peel cited the restaurant’s inadequate protection against pests as a major reason for the closure, deeming it a critical health risk. Smaller offences include failing to keep non-food contact surfaces clean and in good condition.
According to Peel’s public records, this location was given a Conditional Pass during another inspection last month (April 18, 2017). Reasons included poor housekeeping practices and not properly storing food in order to prevent contamination.
We’ll update with any further information on the status of this restaurant.
For more info on all health inspections in Peel, click here.
UPDATE: Punjabi by Nature has reopened after passing a more recent inspection on June 1, 2017.
- Ontario Teachers Calling for Action on Student Violence
- Brampton's First Blow Dry Bar is Now Open
- Rental Housing Supply Falling to Critical Levels in Brampton and Beyond
- Police Searching for Man Wanted in Connection with Stabbing Incident in Brampton
- Everything You Need to Know About Brampton's New University