Collision in Brampton Results in Road Closure and Leaves One Dead
An early morning collision in Brampton has left one person dead.
According to Peel Police, the collision occurred at Queen Street and Kennedy Road in Brampton this morning, Dec.5
Police received the call at 6:46 a.m.
Shortly after 7 a.m., according to police, the pedestrian was pronounced dead.
The vehicle involved remained on scene.
Both eastbound and westbound lanes on Queen, west of Kennedy, are currently closed.
At this time the cause of the collision is unknown.
We will provide more updates as they become available.
UPDATE (8:43 a.m. Dec. 5): According to Brampton Transit, routes 501, 501A Zum Queen and 1 Queen on detour in both directions at Queen Street and Kennedy Road due to this collision. Delays are expected.
- Police no longer believe Brampton incident was a kidnapping
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- UPDATE: Police say Saturday night incident in Brampton wasn't kidnapping; continuing to investigate
- Collision and Road Closures Around Queen Street In Brampton
- Brampton road closed due to collision involving pedestrian
- A Woman is Dead After Morning Collision in Brampton
- Brampton Collision Involving Multiple Vehicles And Pedestrian Results In Road Closure
- Road Closures Following Collision Involving Pedestrian And Vehicle In Brampton