Community raising funds after Brampton teen murdered on New Year's Eve
A GoFundMe page has been set up for Jordan Henry, a Brampton teenager who died on New Year’s Eve as a result of a shooting.
“Henry was tragically killed just minutes before midnight on New Year’s Eve,” said the GoFundMe page, which was set up by Tony Whelan on behalf of Evait Montague.
He was seventeen and a student at St. Marguerite d’Youville Catholic Secondary School.
His football coaches and teachers have nothing but praise for this young man. He was a hard-working, dedicated athlete and student, and friendly towards all,” said Whelan on the fundraising page.
According to the page, Henry lived with his sisters and mother, who is a personal support worker in Brampton.
The funds are being collected to help with funeral expenses.
The shooting took place at 11:58 p.m. on New Year’s Eve on Alderbury Crescent in Brampton.
According to the New Haven Funeral Centre, the funeral is set to take place on Saturday, February 1, 2020, at St. Marguerite d’Youville Parish.
Photo courtesy of Jordan Henry’s GoFundMe page.
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Ontario looks into licence plate defect weeks after new decals released
- Brampton collision sends man to hospital; closes Steeles Ave
- GoFundMe Page Set Up for Family Following Double Murder-Suicide In Brampton
- GoFundMe Page Created For Brampton Family Following Airline Tragedy
- Funeral Planned on Wednesday for 11 Year Old Riya Rajkumar
- GoFundMe Set Up for Brampton Couple Killed in Car Crash
- Police identify 17-year-old victim in New Year’s Eve shooting in Brampton