Constable in Peel facing sexual assault charges
On Wednesday, June 3, 2020, investigators from the Peel Regional Police Professional Standards Bureau arrested and charged Constable Latshman Raghunath #3962, a 5-year-member of the service.
Back in April of 2020, Peel Police received a complaint alleging a sexual assault by the officer while off-duty and an investigation began into the allegation.
As a result of the two-month investigation, Constable Latshman Raghunath was charged with one count of Sexual Assault.
“Our members will be held responsible for their actions, as police officers, we are held to a higher standard than those who we have been sworn to serve. Every member must understand and appreciate the challenges and the need for transparency with members of our community,” said Chief Nishan Durraiappah.
Constable Raghunath is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice.
He is currently on suspension and a Police Services Act investigation will follow once the criminal court proceedings have been completed.
- Employee at Brampton FreshCo. tests positive for COVID-19
- Brampton woman identified as Hamilton murder victim
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 24
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Brampton
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 24