Costco Set to Hike Membership Fees
Bad news, Costco shoppers.
The big-name brand is set to charge Canadian and American shoppers an extra $5 or $10 for their annual memberships.
The big box chain, which operates 94 locations in Canada (including one in Brampton), recently announced that the membership fee increases will go into effect on June 1.
Now, all U.S. and Canada Goldstar, Business and Business add-on members will pay $60 a year. Annual fees for executive memberships will climb from $110 to $120, and the maximum annual two per cent reward associated with the membership will increase from $750 to $1,000.
While no one likes a cost increase—especially when it's passed down by a company that announced an eight per cent increase in sales in Canada—the uptick is modest and probably won't deter dedicated Costco shoppers looking for affordable bulk goods.
In the meantime, enjoy your cheaper membership while it lasts!
- 5 Rides That Used to Exist at Canada's Wonderland
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: OPP Pulls Over Brampton Driving Instructor Making Illegal U-Turn On Highway
- Woman Pronounced Dead Following Domestic Violence Case In Brampton
- Peel Police Investigating Assault Near Plaza In Brampton
- Police Responding to a Reported Shooting in Brampton
- Amazon Canada Launches Much Cheaper Monthly Prime Membership Plan
- New Costco Location Set to Open Very Close to Brampton
- New Payment Option Coming Soon to Costco Online
- Some Driving Fees Will Not Increase This Year in Brampton
- The Ford Government Proposes To Increase Driver Fees Year After Freezing Them