Customer service counters at Brampton transit terminals to close amid COVID-19 outbreak
Amid the COVID-19 outbreak, Brampton Transit is taking measures to ensure the safety of its community.
Effective April 27, customer service counters at transit terminals (Bramalea Terminal, Brampton Gateway Terminal, Downtown Terminal) will be closed until further notice.
The buildings will remain open for access to washroom facilities. In addition, Trinity Common Terminal building will be closed until further notice.
In recent weeks, customer service counters at terminals have seen a low volume of transactions, largely due to changes in transit operations including reduced service and free fares.
Passengers who need to load their PRESTO cards can do so online or at PRESTO Ticket Vending Machines available at Bramalea Terminal and Downtown Terminal.
An enhanced cleaning and sanitizing schedule remains in effect and it is Brampton Transit's goal to disinfect all hard surfaces, operator compartments and seats every 48 hours while most buses are currently sanitized every 24 hours.
Facilities and terminals that have hard surfaces are wiped down and sanitized on a daily basis.
Riders are encouraged to carry their own personal disinfectant when travelling, such as hand sanitizer or wipes, and wash their hands often.
The City of Brampton is working closely with its partners at Peel Public Health and the Brampton Emergency Management Office to continue to monitor risks.
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Multi-vehicle collision in Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- Driver transported to trauma centre after multi-vehicle collision in Brampton
- City of Brampton encouraging residents to report face-covering infractions
- Brampton transit customer service counters to reopen at most terminals
- Service changes affecting schedules for Brampton transit amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Service changes affecting Brampton transit schedules amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Changes to Brampton transit service in effect soon amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Service changes to affect Brampton transit schedules amid COVID-19 outbreak