Cyclist Killed After Morning Collision in Brampton
A cyclist has died after being struck by a vehicle in Brampton.
Shortly before 8:00 a.m., Peel police announced that a pedestrian had been struck in the Dixie Road and Mayfield Road area and sustained life-threatening injuries. The area was closed as a result and the Major Collision Bureau was called to investigate.
Peel Paramedics announced that the victim was taken to a Toronto trauma centre, but new reports indicate that, sadly, the cyclist has succumbed to his injuries.
Global News is reporting that the victim was a 52-year-old male and that he died in hospital after the collision. The driver of the vehicle remained on scene.
The weather may have been a factor in the tragic accident.
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Police investigating after deceased male located in Brampton
- Man charged after hate-motivated incident in Brampton
- Wearing masks could soon be mandatory in Brampton amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Landlords choosing to evict commercial tenants rather than apply for government aid