Cyclist Killed After Morning Collision in Brampton
A cyclist has died after being struck by a vehicle in Brampton.
Shortly before 8:00 a.m., Peel police announced that a pedestrian had been struck in the Dixie Road and Mayfield Road area and sustained life-threatening injuries. The area was closed as a result and the Major Collision Bureau was called to investigate.
Peel Paramedics announced that the victim was taken to a Toronto trauma centre, but new reports indicate that, sadly, the cyclist has succumbed to his injuries.
Global News is reporting that the victim was a 52-year-old male and that he died in hospital after the collision. The driver of the vehicle remained on scene.
The weather may have been a factor in the tragic accident.
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Residential fire closes parts of Brampton neighbourhood
- Canadian family rides out COVID-19 pandemic on remote tropical island