Cyclist struck by vehicle in Brampton
Peel police received a call at 11:15 am in regard to a collision in Brampton.
Police say a cyclist and a vehicle were involved and the vehicle remained on the scene.
The cyclist suffered serious injuries and was taken to a local hospital, according to police.
Police say the cyclist is conscious and breathing and that the driver is cooperating with police.
UPDATE: Mclaughlin is shutdown southbound and northbound from Kingknoll to Ray Lawson. Ray Lawson is shutdown westbound from Broad Oak to Mclaughlin. Ray Lawson eastbound is open. Police say roadways will be shut down for a few hours for the investigation. Police are advising the public to plan an alternate route.
UPDATE #2: The intersection has been re-opened.
- Unconscious male in Brampton located with no vital signs, police say
- Child at summer camp tests positive for COVID-19
- Motorcyclist dead after colliding with transport truck in Brampton
- Why anyone who deferred mortgage payments should check their credit score
- City of Brampton unveils new park name sign