Dangerous Weather Statement Now in Effect for Brampton
Environment Canada has issued a dangerous weather statement for Brampton.
According to Environment Canada, we could see some freezing rain this evening (Jan. 7).
In addition, a weak band of light snow at times mixed with ice pellets that may affect the area from midday into the afternoon is expected.
"Latest analysis is suggesting that very little accumulation is likely, with only a trace to perhaps a couple of centimetres possible," the statement reads.
A more significant area of precipitation is expected to move into the Brampton Region early this evening.
In the evening, a brief period of freezing rain is possible before precipitation changes to rain, especially for areas away from Lake Ontario.
Environment Canada is urging for drivers to exercise caution, particularly this evening, as untreated roads could become slippery.
There could be an impact on the evening commute tonight.
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Brampton
- Scheduled school strikes suspended this week in Brampton
- Police looking for 14 year old girl last seen in Brampton
- Brampton man arrested after catalytic converters cut out from vehicles
- Big Lottery Ticket Win Sold in Brampton