Dangerous Weather Warning Now in Effect for Brampton
If you plan on travelling in the Halton or Peel regions tonight, you might want to take extra precautions.
Environment Canada recently announced that special weather statements are in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Milton and Halton Hills.
The weather agency says a brief period of freezing rain is possible later this evening for Brampton and northern sections of Toronto (the warning also says Mississauga could be affected).
"A low pressure system will spread precipitation into the region later this evening. Temperatures will be near the freezing mark," Environment Canada says.
"As a result, precipitation is expected to begin in the form of ice pellets and freezing rain in some inland areas."
Precipitation will become rain in all areas by midnight as temperatures rise above zero in all parts of the regions.
Environment Canada says travel may impacted or become hazardous at times later this evening.
As far as Milton and Halton Hills go, Environment Canada says there's potential for freezing rain in some places this evening as well. The same low pressure system is expected to produce rain that could freeze when temperatures dip.
Precipitation will become rain in all areas by midnight as temperature rise above zero.
If you're driving, use extra caution.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Province freezing rent for residential tenants in 2021
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run