Dangerous Winter Conditions Expected in Brampton
Some pretty dangerous winter weather conditions are expected to hit Brampton today (Feb. 12).
According to Environment Canada, the city is expected to see a combination of 15 to 25 cm of snow and ice pellets.
Freezing rain is possible along with strong winds that could carry into the evening.
Snow is expected to begin this morning.
Strong easterly winds gusting near 70 km/h will result in reduced visibility due to blowing snow.
According to Environment Canada, "Stronger wind gusts near 80 km/h are also possible near the shores of Lake Ontario this morning."
Visibilities are expected to improve during the afternoon as the precipitation changes to a mix of snow and ice pellets.
However, there is also a risk of freezing rain later in the afternoon.
The snowfall is expected to taper to flurries by tomorrow.
People are urged to consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve.
- Brampton Bus Driver Learned to Speak Punjabi to Talk to Passengers
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- A Huge Food Truck Festival Is Coming To Brampton Soon
- Can Brampton Make This Huge New Development Happen?
- Man Wanted for Multiple Fraud Incidents Targeting Victims in Mississauga and Brampton