Dangerous Winter Conditions Expected in Brampton
Some pretty dangerous winter weather conditions are expected to hit Brampton today (Feb. 12).
According to Environment Canada, the city is expected to see a combination of 15 to 25 cm of snow and ice pellets.
Freezing rain is possible along with strong winds that could carry into the evening.
Snow is expected to begin this morning.
Strong easterly winds gusting near 70 km/h will result in reduced visibility due to blowing snow.
According to Environment Canada, "Stronger wind gusts near 80 km/h are also possible near the shores of Lake Ontario this morning."
Visibilities are expected to improve during the afternoon as the precipitation changes to a mix of snow and ice pellets.
However, there is also a risk of freezing rain later in the afternoon.
The snowfall is expected to taper to flurries by tomorrow.
People are urged to consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve.
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Woodbine Mohawk Park
- All lanes closed on a major highway in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior
- Major phone scam affecting Brampton; residents warned not to call back
- UPDATE: Mental health crisis prompts major highway and road closures in Brampton