Dangerous Winter Conditions Expected in Brampton
Some pretty dangerous winter weather conditions are expected to hit Brampton today (Feb. 12).
According to Environment Canada, the city is expected to see a combination of 15 to 25 cm of snow and ice pellets.
Freezing rain is possible along with strong winds that could carry into the evening.
Snow is expected to begin this morning.
Strong easterly winds gusting near 70 km/h will result in reduced visibility due to blowing snow.
According to Environment Canada, "Stronger wind gusts near 80 km/h are also possible near the shores of Lake Ontario this morning."
Visibilities are expected to improve during the afternoon as the precipitation changes to a mix of snow and ice pellets.
However, there is also a risk of freezing rain later in the afternoon.
The snowfall is expected to taper to flurries by tomorrow.
People are urged to consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve.
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Ontario reports 365 new COVID-19 cases in past 24 hours, one new death
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases