Demolition begins to kick off Brampton's transformation
Downtown Brampton is undergoing a transformation so to kick it off, there will be demolition happening from January 16-23, 2020.
From now until January 23, demolition of city-owned buildings will take place at 21 Nelson St, which will be the site of the future Centre for Innovation (CFI).
During this time, the Northbound curb lane and east sidewalk along George St North starting at George St parking lot and South sidewalk along Nelson St West will be affected.
The lane and sidewalk will remain closed until the demolition is completed.
The CFI will become an iconic gateway building as well as a key part of Brampton’s Innovation District which will offer a new central library, a downtown transit terminal and office space.
Highlights of the downtown Brampton revitalization include Riverwalk, a project that will revitalize Brampton's downtown with flood prevention measures and urban design landscape, the Light Rail Transit and All-Day Two-Way Go which will extend the planned Hurontario LRT and continued partnerships and investments in postsecondary education.
It will also include the Innovation District with a Rogers Cybersecure Catalyst, Brampton Entrepreneur Centre, Ryerson-Brampton Innovation Zone and a scale-up incubator.
- Brampton and Ryerson University sign agreement to bring Innovation Zone to the city
- City Council Approves New Projects to Enhance Downtown Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Bridge Demolition on the 401
- Here's What's Happening With the Major Upgrades Coming to Downtown Brampton
- Brampton Receives $30 Million in Funding for Cybersecure Catalyst