Details of Ontario's second stage of reopening to be unveiled today
TORONTO -- Premier Doug Ford is set to announce details today about Ontario's stage two of reopening.
He will lay out the plan at a news conference this afternoon with Health Minister Christine Elliott, Finance Minister Rod Phillips, Economic Development Minister Vic Fedeli and Labour Minister Monte McNaughton.
Ontario entered its first stage of reopening on May 19.
Ford has said that stage two will not begin immediately, but he had indicated that he would reveal details this week about it, in order to provide businesses with notice to start getting ready.
The premier has also said that health officials have been looking at a regional approach to reopening.
Two-thirds of the province's cases are in the Greater Toronto Area, while some public health units are reporting few active COVID-19 cases.
The Canadian Press
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Man in custody after vehicle drives into ditch in Brampton
- Ontario plans for Stage 2 of economy's reopening amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows
- More Ontario regions moving to Stage 2 of COVID-19 reopening today
- Ontario makes it easier for bars, restaurants to create or expand patios
- Ford getting tested for COVID-19 after education minister in contact with case