DID YOU KNOW Brampton Has the Same Population As
Although it's often repeated that Brampton is Canada's ninth largest city, it's easy to dismiss it as something of an overgrown (and overflowing) bedroom community -- especially if you don't live there.
Once a suburb, always a suburb.
Or is it?
Although one could probably concede that Brampton can still be defined as a suburban satellite city, it's impossible (and inaccurate) to classify it as quaint or quiet or small. With a population of 593,638 people and an ever-evolving landscape (and one that’s about to welcome an LRT, a university and, perhaps, a mega mall, no less), it's safe to say that Brampton is, in fact, a bigger city -- albeit one that's still developing its identity.
If you look at Brampton's population, you'll see what it houses almost the same number of people as world famous cities.
In fact, here's a list of cities with similar populations to yours (often lower!):
- Vancouver (631,486)
- Hamilton (536,917)
- Quebec City (531,902)
- Surrey, B.C. (517,887)
- Portland (639,863)
- Oklahoma City (638,367)
- Las Vegas (632,912)
- Baltimore (621,849)
- Louisville (616,261)
- Milwaukee (595,047)
- Albuquerque (559,277)
- Tucson, Arizona (530,706)
- Fresno, California (522,053)
- Sacramento, California (495,234)
- Rotterdam, The Netherlands (633,471)
- Dusseldorf, Germany (612,178)
- Glasgow (615,070)
- Sheffield, U.K. (575,400)
- Dublin (553,165)
- Manchester (530,300)
- The Hague, Netherlands (514,861)
- Antwerp, Belgium (520,504)
- Lyon, France (506,615)
- Liverpool, U.K. (484,578)
So, there you have it! We may not be as much of a household name as Baltimore or Glasgow, but we have almost as many (and sometimes more) people.
It really puts things into perspective.
You're bigger than you think.
- Brampton is Officially the Worst Place to Take Your Driving Test in Ontario
- Crash Blocking Traffic at Intersection in Brampton
- New Legal Aid Clinic On Deck for Black Ontarians
- Brampton Man Celebrating Incredible Jackpot Lotto Win
- Brampton Neighbourhood Ranked One of the Last Affordable Areas in the GTA
- Brampton Ranked City with One of the Highest Immigrant Populations in Canada
- Another Canadian City is Attempting to Lure People Away from Brampton and Surrounding Cities
- What is the Least Safe City in Canada?
- New Census Confirms Massive Population Growth in Brampton
- Can You Guess the World’s Safest City?