DID YOU KNOW Brampton Has the Same Population As
Although it’s often repeated that Brampton is Canada’s ninth largest city, it’s easy to dismiss it as something of an overgrown (and overflowing) bedroom community — especially if you don’t live there.
Once a suburb, always a suburb.
Or is it?
Although one could probably concede that Brampton can still be defined as a suburban satellite city, it’s impossible (and inaccurate) to classify it as quaint or quiet or small. With a population of 593,638 people and an ever-evolving landscape (and one that’s about to welcome an LRT, a university and, perhaps, a mega mall, no less), it’s safe to say that Brampton is, in fact, a bigger city — albeit one that’s still developing its identity.
If you look at Brampton’s population, you’ll see what it houses almost the same number of people as world famous cities.
In fact, here’s a list of cities with similar populations to yours (often lower!):
- Vancouver (631,486)
- Hamilton (536,917)
- Quebec City (531,902)
- Surrey, B.C. (517,887)
- Portland (639,863)
- Oklahoma City (638,367)
- Las Vegas (632,912)
- Baltimore (621,849)
- Louisville (616,261)
- Milwaukee (595,047)
- Albuquerque (559,277)
- Tucson, Arizona (530,706)
- Fresno, California (522,053)
- Sacramento, California (495,234)
- Rotterdam, The Netherlands (633,471)
- Dusseldorf, Germany (612,178)
- Glasgow (615,070)
- Sheffield, U.K. (575,400)
- Dublin (553,165)
- Manchester (530,300)
- The Hague, Netherlands (514,861)
- Antwerp, Belgium (520,504)
- Lyon, France (506,615)
- Liverpool, U.K. (484,578)
So, there you have it! We may not be as much of a household name as Baltimore or Glasgow, but we have almost as many (and sometimes more) people.
It really puts things into perspective.
You’re bigger than you think.
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- Brampton driving school instructor charged with sexual offences
- Man dead following shooting along Brampton footpath
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Brampton Ranked City with One of the Highest Immigrant Populations in Canada
- Another Canadian City is Attempting to Lure People Away from Brampton and Surrounding Cities
- New Census Confirms Massive Population Growth in Brampton
- Brampton Makes This Prestigious List as a City of the Future
- What is the Least Safe City in Canada?