DISTURBING CONTENT: Peel Police Investigating Vandalized Sign In Brampton
On June 22, the Peel Police responded to reports of a vandalized sign in Brampton.
Around 1 a.m, a caller reported that the messaging on a construction sign was changed to show racist remarks. Officers attended the scene and shut the sign off.
The incident occurred in the area of Howden Boulevard and Vodden Street.
Dont Be Fooled,Canada is A Beautiful Country But We Have Just As Much Hate In It As Other Countries ..This is Disrespectful on Every Level..Our Government just keeps it alot Quieter than Most! pic.twitter.com/1ezlAhuIGS— DJ WIZ (@wizology) June 23, 2019
According to the police, the officers made multiple attempts to notify the construction company of the sign.
The police are still investigating the incident. There are no suspects as of yet.
Peel Police are asking anyone with relevant information to contact the 22 division at (905)-453-2121 or Peel Crime Stoppers.
- Building evacuated, roads closed due to potential ammonia leak in Brampton
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- Landlords choosing to evict commercial tenants rather than apply for government aid
- Three teens arrested for arson at Brampton elementary school
- My Brampton Sign Returns for Canada Day Festivities
- Peel Police Investigating Attempted Child Abduction Incident in Brampton
- Peel police investigating armed home invasion incident in Brampton
- Police Investigating Disturbing Dog Abuse Incident in Brampton
- Police investigating murder/suicide incident in Brampton