Dog Missing for 556 Days Reunited with Brampton Owner
Nearly two years ago on September 26, 2015, Miriam Coronel's male Shih Tzu Timmy slipped out of her house, not to be seen for 556 days.
According to CityNews, Coronel and Timmy were reunited this past weekend. Timmy was dropped off anonymously at the Caledon Animal Shelter earlier this month with no I.D. markings.
Coronel's son posted flyers throughout the city, and her neighbour Patricia Conte posted photos on social media. While Coronel didn't think her family would get Timmy back, her son had hope.
"After losing him, it felt like something was missing for a long time," he said in an interview with CityNews.
After digging through a year and a half of posts, staff at the animal shelter were able to identify Timmy thanks to Conte's posting on helpinglostpets.com.
Miriam and her kids' reunion with Timmy was joyful.
"He jumped on me right away, as soon as he saw me," Coronel commented to CityNews.
Losing a pet doesn't have to mean losing all hope, too.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19 for sixth day in a row
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer