Driver Charged After Hitting Pedestrian in Brampton
Police have made an arrest following a collision in which a pedestrian was injured in Brampton.
The incident occurred at approximately 2:23 pm Tuesday afternoon. The victim, a 23-year-old Brampton man, was walking in the area of McLaughlin Road south of Kingknoll Drive when a silver Suzuki Sedan suddenly left the roadway, striking the victim as well as a street light.
The victim was taken to a Toronto trauma centre with serious injuries (no longer deemed life threatening). The driver was also taken to a local hospital with minor injuries but was later released.
Anil Sharma, a 58-year-old Mississauga man, has been charged with criminal negligence and dangerous driving causing bodily harm.
Police are continuing to investigate. Witnesses or anyone with information regarding this incident are asked to call 905-453-2121 (ext. 3710). Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- Your Water Bill Might Skyrocket in Brampton Due to Doug Ford Policies Soon
- Traffic Lights Reportedly Out in Brampton After Vehicle Hits Pole
- Police Seeking to Identify Three Robbery Suspects in Brampton
- UPDATE: Five Year Old Child Located
- Daycare Worker Handed Prison Sentence Following Peel Regional Police Investigation
- Police Arrest Driver in Connection with Hit and Run Incident That Seriously Injured Brampton Teen
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Pedestrian Hit and Run in Brampton
- Police Identify Victim of Fatal Motorcycle Crash in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses Following Hit and Run in Brampton
- Police Identify Young Victim in Fatal Brampton Crash