Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
One driver is facing penalties after being caught speeding in Brampton.
Police say on Saturday night (August 8) an ERASE officer stopped a vehicle on Steeles Avenue at Creditview travelling 168 km/h — more than double the 70 km/h speed limit.
In addition to stunt driving charges, the driver is facing a seven-day vehicle impoundment and driver licence suspension.
Peel Police’s ERASE program (Eliminating Racing Activities on Streets Everywhere) was launched in response to a reported uptick in speeding and aggressive driving in Peel Region.
This summer, police say they issued over 400 traffic tickets over the course of one month in Brampton and Mississauga.
Photo courtesy of @PRPRoadSafety
- Driver facing penalties for going over twice the speed limit in Brampton
- Driver Facing Charges After Caught Going Insane Speed in Brampton
- Driver Stopped for Speeding at Brampton Intersection
- Driver Charged For Driving at Ludicrous Speed Down City Street
- Driver caught speeding in Brampton school zone