Elderly Man in Critical Condition After Being Hit by Bus in Brampton
Police are appealing for witnesses with any information about a recent collision involving an elderly man on a motorized scooter and a Brampton Transit bus to come forward.
On Wednesday, June 7 at approximately 2:48 p.m., an 81-year-old Brampton man was riding south on the sidewalk of Main Street near Clarence Street on a battery-operated scooter.
As he was traveling, the wheels of the scooter fell off the sidewalk, causing the machine to fall onto the roadway. When the victim fell onto the road, he was struck by a Brampton Transit bus traveling northbound.
The victim sustained life threatening injuries and was airlifted to a Toronto trauma center, where he remains in life threatening condition.
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating.
Anyone with information is asked to call investigators at the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word "PEEL" and then your tip.
Photo courtesy of Pascal Marchand - The 4K Guy
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Police searching for suspects of carjacking with knife in Brampton
- Ontario reports seventh straight day of fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19
- Elderly Man Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Bus in Brampton
- UPDATE: 25-Year-Old Driver Still in Serious Condition After One-Car Collision in Brampton
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Elderly Woman Dies After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- Peel Police Looking for Witnesses Following Collision Investigation
- Police Identify Young Victim in Fatal Brampton Crash