Elderly Man Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Bus in Brampton
An elderly man has been airlifted to hospital after being struck by a bus in Brampton.
Peel police Const. Harinder Sohi told inbrampton.com that police were called to investigate reports of an injured man in the Main Street and Nanwood area at 2:48 p.m.
According to police, the victim was operating an electric scooter on the sidewalk before somehow tipping over and onto the road. After he fell onto the roadway, he was struck by a bus.
An air ambulance transported the victim to a Toronto trauma centre.
The victim’s condition is not known at this time, but his injuries do appear to be serious.
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating.
Main Street is closed between Nanwood and Harold Street.
Investigators are asking any witnesses to please call police with any information.
- UPDATE: Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Brampton pronounced dead
- Pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by vehicle in Brampton
- Multiple coyotes have been spotted in Brampton
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Brampton
- Police searching for sex trafficking offender known to frequent GTA
- Elderly Man in Critical Condition After Being Hit by Bus in Brampton
- Police investigating stabbing near Main Street in Brampton
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle on Main Street in Brampton
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Brampton, Victim in Trauma Centre
- Victim Rushed to Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton