Elderly Man Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Bus in Brampton
An elderly man has been airlifted to hospital after being struck by a bus in Brampton.
Peel police Const. Harinder Sohi told inbrampton.com that police were called to investigate reports of an injured man in the Main Street and Nanwood area at 2:48 p.m.
According to police, the victim was operating an electric scooter on the sidewalk before somehow tipping over and onto the road. After he fell onto the roadway, he was struck by a bus.
An air ambulance transported the victim to a Toronto trauma centre.
The victim’s condition is not known at this time, but his injuries do appear to be serious.
The Major Collision Bureau is investigating.
Main Street is closed between Nanwood and Harold Street.
Investigators are asking any witnesses to please call police with any information.
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Brampton father celebrating big lotto win
- Ontario reports 491 new COVID-19 cases, highest daily increase in months
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths
- Elderly Man in Critical Condition After Being Hit by Bus in Brampton
- Police investigating stabbing near Main Street in Brampton
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle on Main Street in Brampton
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Brampton, Victim in Trauma Centre
- Victim Rushed to Trauma Centre After Being Struck by Vehicle in Brampton