Emergency Crews on Scene of Plane Crash Near Brampton
Emergency crews are on scene following a plane crash near the Brampton Flying Club.
Two patients are being treated, said Peel Paramedic Supt. Sean Large.
First responders are just north of the Brampton Flight Centre and Flying Club, in the King St. and McLaughlin Rd. area
A call came in at 5:24 p.m.
The aircraft involved is a small four-seater, said Large.
There’s no word yet on the extent of their injuries.
UPDATE: A four-seater Cessna was attempting to land at the Brampton Flight Centre when the plane struck a tree and crashed on McLaughlin Rd., said OPP Const. Tamara Schubert.
Four people have been transported to hospital — three of them as a precaution.
One person has serious but non-life threatening injuries.
McLaughlin is expected to be closed for about two hours while the debris is cleaned up.
The Transportation Safety Board is investigating the cause.
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault
- Firearm located after traffic stop closes 410 in Brampton
- Police searching for Brampton man following shooting and robbery at adult entertainment facility
- Police identify woman allegedly killed by former partner in suspected murder/suicide incident in Brampton
- Lanes closed on 410 due to police investigation in Brampton