Emergency Crews on Scene of Plane Crash Near Brampton
Emergency crews are on scene following a plane crash near the Brampton Flying Club.
Two patients are being treated, said Peel Paramedic Supt. Sean Large.
First responders are just north of the Brampton Flight Centre and Flying Club, in the King St. and McLaughlin Rd. area
A call came in at 5:24 p.m.
The aircraft involved is a small four-seater, said Large.
There’s no word yet on the extent of their injuries.
UPDATE: A four-seater Cessna was attempting to land at the Brampton Flight Centre when the plane struck a tree and crashed on McLaughlin Rd., said OPP Const. Tamara Schubert.
Four people have been transported to hospital — three of them as a precaution.
One person has serious but non-life threatening injuries.
McLaughlin is expected to be closed for about two hours while the debris is cleaned up.
The Transportation Safety Board is investigating the cause.
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports seventh straight day of fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19
- Study finds red and processed meat not associated with any health risks