Environment Canada Issues Special Weather Statement for City of Brampton
Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for Brampton
Brampton is expected to see some snow and freezing rain tonight (Jan. 22) which will carry into Wednesday.
Brampton will only see approximately two to five cm of snow tonight which will change over to freezing rain later in the evening.
The freezing rain could last for several hours before changing over to rain on Wednesday. This will be followed by a brief thaw that will result in temperatures above the freezing point.
Strong southwesterly winds gusting to 70 or 80 km/h are also expected on Wednesday.
According to Environment Canada, "A Colorado low will track northeast across Lake Huron and Georgian Bay Wednesday, bringing a dramatic change in weather with it."
Freezing rain warnings, according to Environment Canada, may be required by tonight as this event draws closer.
We will provide updates as they become available.
- Brampton Fire And Emergency Services Responding To Fire At Factory
- OPP Shares Concerns After Charging Two Brampton Residents With Drunk Driving
- Peel Region Reduces Speed Limits On Two Major Roads In Brampton
- Heavy Police Presence Due To Distressed Man In Brampton
- Here's Why Violent Crime Is On The Rise In Brampton