August Staycation: Sensory Exploration
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Join us for Summer Staycations where you can explore the archives, museum, art gallery and create your own artworks in a variety of fun-filled activities.
- Aug. 6 - Explore your sense of touch by creating your own animal sculpture. Come meet Creature Quest and their scaly, furry and feathered friends (11 a.m. - 2 p.m.).
- Aug. 8 - Use your sense of sight to explore the exhibit Selectionsfrom the Vault and find the unique landscapes then make your own picturesque artwork.
- Aug. 13 - Test your knowledge and instincts to follow the map and see what you can find. Maybe it leads somewhere new and exciting. Join us and create your own treasure map!
- Aug. 15 - A farm is a whole sensory experience with different sounds, smells and sights! Visit the Face of the Farmer exhibition and create your own farm inspired artwork.
- Aug. 20 - Use your super sight to find something in the art gallery that is black and white with words and pictures. After exploring For a Social Cause: Graphic Novels exhibition, be inspired and create your own comic art.
- Aug. 22 - Bumps, grooves and edges are only some of the things you'll feel with collagraph printmaking. Touch and feel all the different textures that make different patterns and use printmaking techniques to create your own.
- Aug. 27 - Different colours can be seen, smelt and tasted. Explore your senses and all the crazy colours in Manning Square before creating your own rainbow inspired masterpiece.
- Aug. 29 - Banging, clanging and ringing are only some of the sounds that musical instruments can make. Identify different instruments just by hearing them and make a musical instrument of your own
These drop-ins are included in general admission. Members are Free.