Excessive Rain and Flooding Possible in Brampton
A flood outlook has been issued for Brampton and surrounding cities.
Credit Valley Conservation (CVC) recently announced that Environment Canada is forecasting the possibility of scattered thunderstorms this afternoon.
CVC says localized thunderstorms are capable of producing torrential downpours of up to 50 mm over a short period of time.
"The threat of localized thunderstorms (up to 25 mm) will continue into Tuesday. On Wednesday, widespread showers and thunderstorms can bring additional 10 to 20 mm of rain," CVC says.
"While flooding of the Credit River and its major tributaries is not expected, intense rainfall associated with thunderstorms can cause flash floods in urban areas."
CVC warns that local streams and rivers could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.
Children should be warned to stay away from all watercourses.
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Street race results in car crashing into Brampton home
- Tornado watch in effect for Brampton
- Arrests made in double stabbing at Brampton apartment
- "The justice system failed us": Mayor Patrick Brown angrily responds after Brampton shooting leaves woman dead