Extreme Cold Temperatures Coming to Brampton
While we’ve dealt with a smattering of frigid days this winter, we’ve been very lucky for the most part—especially in light of our relatively mild January.
Extreme cold weather alerts are typically issued when temperatures drop to -15 or colder (windchill factored in). Right now, temperatures sit at -4 (but they feel like -12). Tonight, it’ll feel like -18.
Experts are advising residents to stay indoors as much as possible, dress appropriately (wear multiple layers and cover as much exposed skin as you can), drink warm fluids (but avoid alcohol or caffeine), reschedule any outdoor plans and bring all pets indoors if they are not inside already.
Stay warm, Brampton!
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win
- Ontario to announce plans for Stage 3 of reopening as COVID-19 spread slows