Extreme Cold Warning is Still in Effect for Brampton
The extreme cold warning that was first issued by Environment Canada a few days ago for Brampton is still currently in effect.
There is some good news though.
These brutally cold temperatures that we've been experiencing the last couple of days may not be around for much longer.
According to Environment Canada, a period of extremely cold wind chills are expected to continue this morning (Feb. 1). Wind chills near minus 30 will continue for the first half of this morning.
However, wind chills will improve beginning later this morning once temperatures begin to rise out of the deep freeze.
People are still encouraged to dress warmly, and to dress in layers that they can remove if they get too warm.
Environment Canada notes that your outer layer should be wind resistant.
People are also encouraged to check on older family, friends and neighbours.
- Patrick Brown reveals COVID-19 'hot spot' neighbourhood in Brampton
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots
- Police investigating after deceased male located in Brampton
- Three teens arrested for arson at Brampton elementary school
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen