Extreme Cold Warning is Still in Effect for Brampton
The extreme cold warning that was first issued by Environment Canada a few days ago for Brampton is still currently in effect.
There is some good news though.
These brutally cold temperatures that we've been experiencing the last couple of days may not be around for much longer.
According to Environment Canada, a period of extremely cold wind chills are expected to continue this morning (Feb. 1). Wind chills near minus 30 will continue for the first half of this morning.
However, wind chills will improve beginning later this morning once temperatures begin to rise out of the deep freeze.
People are still encouraged to dress warmly, and to dress in layers that they can remove if they get too warm.
Environment Canada notes that your outer layer should be wind resistant.
People are also encouraged to check on older family, friends and neighbours.
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- These Brampton businesses are giving back to the community amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford
- Residential fire closes parts of Brampton neighbourhood
- Canadian family rides out COVID-19 pandemic on remote tropical island