Extreme Cold Warning Still in Effect for Brampton
It doesn't look like Brampton is going to be warming up any time soon.
Or, at least today (Jan. 31).
The cold warning that was issued by Environment Canada yesterday (Jan. 30) is still in effect.
Last night, the bitterly cold artic air mixed with strong winds resulted in wind chill values near minus 35.
The cold air will remain in place for today.
"Risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors, and those without proper shelter," reads the Environment Canada website.
Environment Canada notes that conditions should improve by tomorrow once milder air moves into the region.
People are encouraged to cover up since frostbite can develop within minutes.
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Traffic study identifies most dangerous streets in Brampton
- LATEST: Ontario reports 211 new cases of COVID-19 and two additional deaths
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Brampton
- House of the Week: $4.6 Mil Massive House with Stunning Interior