Extreme Weather Alert in Effect for Brampton
An extreme weather warning is in effect for all of Peel (meaning Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon), so you might want to take extra care if you plan on heading outside today.
Environment Canada recently announced that extreme cold is expected in the aforementioned municipalities, as wind chill values of near -30 or below were reported in some areas this morning.
Fortunately, the weather agency says wind chills will moderate during daytime hours.
However, wind chill values are expected to plummet to -30 or lower again tonight.
Although extreme cold is dangerous for everyone, Environment Canada says the risks are greater for young children, older adults, people with chronic illnesses, people working or exercising outdoors and those without proper shelter.
Residents are advised to dress in layers. The outer layer should be wind resistant (so be sure to wear your thickest jacket if you're heading out into the great beyond).
Note that frostbite can develop within minutes on exposed skin, especially with wind chill.
Stay warm, everyone.
- Physical distancing fine issued in Brampton after backyard party
- Vehicle rolls over twice during collision in Brampton
- Traffic light outage in Brampton causing delays
- LATEST: Ontario up to 3,630 confirmed cases, with 172 in Brampton
- Police lay more than 50 charges against eight Brampton residents in connection to series of thefts