Extreme Weather Coming to Brampton This Weekend
If you were disappointed in the cold and wet summer we experienced, fall is about to make it up to you.
According to the recent Weather Network forecast, temperatures are expected to hit a steamy 32 degrees on Saturday and 32 on on Sunday.
And while 30+ degrees is hot no matter what, the weather agency says it'll actually feel more like 40 degrees on Saturday and 39 on Sunday.
Unusual fall weather, indeed!
Interestingly enough, the blistering temperatures will persist into the week before rapidly cooling off on Thursday to hit 20 degrees and dropping to a slightly more seasonal 17 on Friday (boo!).
Although heat is wonderful (especially after this disappointing summer), it can pose health risks if proper precautions aren’t taken. If you're outdoors, you should watch for symptoms of heat-related illnesses, such as swelling, rashes, cramps, fainting, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and the aggravation of other health conditions.
Residents are advised to drink plenty of water and seek out tree-shaded areas, swimming pools and air-conditioned buildings.
If you aren't sure where to go, check out this Brampton-specific story about heat relief facilities.
People are also reminded to never leave children or pets inside parked vehicles.
Enjoy the heat!
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Power outage affecting more than 400 Brampton residents
- Two Brampton residents celebrating lottery wins
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Canadian man who was set to be deported from U.S. gets COVID in custody, dies