Fail to remain collision leads to firearm, Brampton man charged
Officers from 22 Division have charged a man with firearm-related offences.
On Monday, June 28, 2020, at 6:07 p.m., the victim, a 60-year-old man from Brampton and the accused were involved in a collision in the area of Rutherford Road just North of Madoc Drive in Brampton.
Police say the accused fled the scene in his vehicle and was located by police, a short distance away.
The accused was arrested and, a firearm was located, as a result of a search conducted.
No physical injuries were suffered to anyone during this incident, police say.
Police say Layton Lynch, a 67-year-old man from Brampton, was charged with the following offences:
1) Operation While Impaired - Alcohol
2) Assault (X2)
3) Failure to Stop After Accident
4) Assault Peace Officer
5) Utter Threat to Cause Death
6) Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
7) Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing there was a firearm
8) Careless Storage of Firearm
9) Failure or Refusal to Comply with Demand (Alcohol)
Lynch was held for a Bail Hearing and will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice.
Anyone with information regarding this matter is asked to contact the 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-3311, ext. 2233.
Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477) or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Two Suspects Charged After Firearm Recovered During Traffic Stop in Brampton
- Brampton man charged after police locate loaded firearm
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Three Brampton men charged with firearm-related offences
- Two People Charged With Drug and Firearm Offences in Brampton