Famous Canadian Experience Returns to Ontario
Canada's annual Musical Ride Tour has returned, and this year it will be in Ontario.
The Musical Ride features a troop of 32 riders and horses, plus the officer in charge. They will then put on a show featuring intricate choreography and drills set to music.
The tour gives the public a chance to experience the history and tradition of the RCMP. The event also helps to raise funds for local charities and community programs across the country.
RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki went to the Musical Ride stables for the annual inspection of the RCMP’s 32 horses and riders in Ottawa on May 15.
“It was a great honour to participate in this annual tradition and I truly enjoyed meeting each musical ride member," said Lucki.
"I know they’ll represent the RCMP with pride and that both Canadians and visitors will love the show. I wish them a safe and successful tour.”
The Musical Ride visits every province on a rotational basis. This means the event visits a different province each year so Canadians across the country can see them perform.
The first ever public viewing of the Musical Ride was in Regina, Saskatchewan all the way back in 1901.
The tour will be traveling to both Ontario and British Columbia this year. In addition to that however, this year’s tour will go to Topsfield, Massachusetts, as its last stop to mark the 200th anniversary of the oldest agricultural fair in North America.
Click here more information on the schedule of the Musical Ride.
- McLaughlin and Ray Lawson closed due to shooting investigation in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Mayor Brown raises concerns over banquet hall events and weddings in Brampton
- Can You Help Police Name These Baby Horses?
- Sheridan theatre students perform opening number from musical despite self-isolating
- Extremely Popular Musical Coming to the Rose Theatre
- Here's how to take a virtual roller coaster ride with Canada's Wonderland
- Award-Winning Sheridan College Musical Begins Toronto Run