Father Arrested After Mother And Child Struck In Brampton
A mother and child were struck by a vehicle in Brampton earlier today (May 14).
The incident occurred at a residence on Conductor Lane and Portsdown Road.
The mother and child were first transported to the local hospital and then to the trauma centre with life-threatening injuries.
The mother, 36, is now stable; however, the child, a 7-year-old boy, is facing life-threatening injuries.
According to the Peel Police, the mother and child were standing on the driver's side of the car with the door open when the driver reversed the car and struck the two. The mother and child fell, and the vehicle ran over them.
The driver, 40, is the father and husband of the victims. He has been arrested for impaired driving.
The Major Collisions Bureau is still investigating in the area.
The call was received at 8:37 a.m.
More updates to come.
- PHOTOS: A Look At Brampton's Bigger And Newly Designed University
- Here's How You Can Get A Dozen Doughnuts For $1 This Week
- School Under Lockdown for Student with Gun in Brampton
- Ontario Government To Allow Landlords To Increase Rent In Brampton
- Here's Why Some Brampton Residents Are Moving Towards Homes in Bigger Cities
- Mother And Child Transported To Hospital After Being Struck In Brampton
- Police On Scene For Female And Child Struck By Vehicle In Brampton
- Police on Scene After Child Struck by Vehicle in Brampton
- BREAKING: Man Arrested For Allegedly Attempting to Murder a Child in Brampton
- Child Struck by Vehicle in Brampton