Firearm Found During Traffic Stop in Brampton
Two people are facing charges after a gun was found in a vehicle in Brampton.
At 10:40 p.m. on Thursday (February 8), police investigated a vehicle in the area of Richvale Drive South and Bovaird Drive East.
During the investigation, a black .22 caliber handgun was located.
Two people from Brampton have been arrested. Rahwa Leakemariam, 25, and Courtney McKenzie, 28, are charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm and several other firearm-related charges. They are also charged with several drug related offences.
They were both held for a bail hearing on February 9.
Anyone who may have further info related to this incident should contact police at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233.
- Driver stopped for going more than double the speed limit in Brampton
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- Police searching for suspects of carjacking with knife in Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Suspended driver allegedly caught with firearm during traffic stop in Brampton
- Mississauga and Brampton residents charged with firearm-related offences
- Brampton man charged with firearm-related offences
- Two People Charged With Drug and Firearm Offences in Brampton
- Brampton man facing charges after police seize loaded firearm
- Brampton Man Charged With Numerous Gun-Related Offences