Firearm Found During Traffic Stop in Brampton
Two people are facing charges after a gun was found in a vehicle in Brampton.
At 10:40 p.m. on Thursday (February 8), police investigated a vehicle in the area of Richvale Drive South and Bovaird Drive East.
During the investigation, a black .22 caliber handgun was located.
Two people from Brampton have been arrested. Rahwa Leakemariam, 25, and Courtney McKenzie, 28, are charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm and several other firearm-related charges. They are also charged with several drug related offences.
They were both held for a bail hearing on February 9.
Anyone who may have further info related to this incident should contact police at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2233.
- Your Water Bill Might Skyrocket in Brampton Due to Doug Ford Policies Soon
- Traffic Lights Reportedly Out in Brampton After Vehicle Hits Pole
- Police Seeking to Identify Three Robbery Suspects in Brampton
- UPDATE: Five Year Old Child Located
- Daycare Worker Handed Prison Sentence Following Peel Regional Police Investigation