Fireworks Rules for Victoria Day in Brampton
There are only four times a year when Brampton residents can use short-range fireworks - Victoria Day, Canada Day, Diwali, and New Year’s Eve - and now, one of them is upon us!
If you want to use fireworks on Victoria Day, you'll want to take a look at the rules for short-range fireworks in Brampton.
Short-range fireworks are allowed on private property without the need for a permit in Brampton for Victoria Day on Monday May 21, 2018.
Short-range refers to those fireworks that travel less than three metres (10 feet) when set off, such as fountains, wheels, ground spinners, and sparklers.
Other rocket-type fireworks (long-range fireworks like roman candles, flying lanterns, skyrockets, and barrages) are banned in Brampton.
The city has issued the following safety measures for anyone using fireworks on their property:
- You must have a container of water or a hose line that's filled with water available to extinguish fireworks
- You must never light a firework or hold a lit firework in your hand, other than a sparkler
- After using sparklers, place them in a container of water to fully cool before disposal
- Allow all fireworks to fully cool before disposal
Fireworks vendors must complete an annual course before they are considered licensed.
And if you don't follow the rules?
You could be fined a minimum of $500!
According to the City, there were 12 charges against residents in 2017 alone for not complying with the City's Fireworks and Licensing By-law, and 13 orders to comply.
What's more -- two businesses were charged with selling and possession of illegal fireworks, and one business for operating without a license.
Be safe with your fireworks, Brampton!
You can find more info here.
- Brampton Fire Department Responding To First Alarm Fire At Apartment Building
- MISSING: Police Looking for 11 Year Old Girl in Brampton
- Brampton Woman Celebrating Big Group Lotto Win
- Lanes Blocked Off on 410 Following Collision in Brampton
- Toronto Police Arrest Alleged Child Predator With Connection To Peel Region