Flights Out of Pearson Airport Could Be Affected By Snow
Even though today is the first day back to school for many students and adults back to work, there are still people flying out to various destinations, be it for vacation or business purposes.
But you should be vigilant that there may be some delays pending, especially if you have decided to fly down to the United States.
Pearson Airport is warning passengers to arrive three hours earlier before your flight to the States, all the while reassuring the public that operations are currently normal.
If you're travelling to the United States, we recommend that you arrive 3 hours before departure, including for early morning flights.— Toronto Pearson (@TorontoPearson) January 7, 2019
“Flying with us this afternoon or evening? Operations are normal, but there is a possibility of snow in the forecast. If you’re travelling to the United States, we recommend that you arrive 3 hours before departure, including for early morning flights,” the tweet said.
There is currently a freezing rain warning for the GTA this evening. A weak band of light snow at times mixed with ice pellets that affected the area from midday into the afternoon is expected.
Another reason that may affect US flights is the Trump government shutdown that’s been in effect since before Christmas. TSA workers in the states have to work without pay, but some employees have been ‘calling in sick’ which has led to delays such as this at LaGuardia Airport in New York.
TSA “sickout” at LGA is a travelers’ nightmare! pic.twitter.com/i6SAvuPcGm— Andrea Mitchell (@mitchellreports) January 6, 2019
Check your flights on the GTAA website to make sure it’s still on time.
- Grocery store employee in Brampton tests positive for COVID-19
- BREAKING: AMBER Alert issued for two girls last seen in Kitchener
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 28
- Brampton raid part of large fentanyl bust
- Multiple flights delayed at Pearson Airport due to snow
- This is How Many Flights are Cancelled at Toronto Pearson Airport
- Over 200 Flights Cancelled at Pearson Airport
- Hundreds of Flights Cancelled at Pearson Airport Following Snowstorm
- Passengers aboard several early-August flights to Pearson test positive for COVID-19