Flood warning in effect in Brampton
Residents of Brampton are being warned of the possibility of severe thunderstorms, which could lead to flooding.
According to a report from Credit Valley Conservation, the current hot temperatures will break tonight with the passage of a cold front which could result in severe thunderstorms throughout the night.
While flooding along the Credit River is not expected, heavy rain associated with thunderstorms could result in flooding of highly urbanized areas.
Additionally, streams, rivers, and shorelines could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams--residents are advised to stay away from all watercourses and shorelines, especially children and pets.
- BREAKING: Social gathering limits to be lowered in Brampton in response to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 17
- Brampton issues 63 additional charges for face-covering infractions amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 17
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA