Flood warning is currently in effect for Brampton
A flood outlook has been issued by Credit Valley Conservation, citing potentially dangerous thunderstorms that may produce strong wind gusts, large hail, and torrential rain.
While flooding of the Credit River and its major tributaries are not expected, intense rainfall associated with thunderstorms could result in flooding of small headwater and urban areas.
"Some watersheds may respond with higher flows and water levels. As a result, local streams and rivers could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams," says Credit Valley Conservation.
Residents, particularly children, are advised to stay away from all watercourses.
Credit Valley Conservation says it will continue to closely monitor weather and water levels.
- Weather warning in effect for funnel clouds expected in Brampton
- Police responding to reports of man sitting in middle of road in Brampton
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil House with Insta-Worthy Backyard
- Man in custody after vehicle drives into ditch in Brampton
- Brampton resident celebrating a big lotto win