Ford Government Planning to Legalize Tailgating in Ontario
An upcoming change planned by the provincial government is already being met with mixed reactions.
Multiple sources indicate that the government is planning to legalize tailgating across the province, which would allow residents to hold parties with food and alcohol in the parking lots of venues being used for sports games (assuming the venue is permitted to).
This would also allow permit holders to sell alcohol on their property.
Well, this is interesting. Sports fans in Ontario will soon be able tailgate, as early as this week. Parking lots/structures can apply for a permit, and permit holders will also be able to sell alcohol on property. Leafs/Bruins Game 3 in Toronto is next Monday.— David Pagnotta (@TheFourthPeriod) April 8, 2019
The upcoming legalization of this typically American pasttime appears to be part of the provincial budget that will be released on Thursday.
While some residents approve of legalizing tailgating, others have expressed opposition to it, especially among the some of the government’s recently unpopular actions such as proposing changes and cuts to education.
Things Ford thinks Ontario doesn't need:— Terri Chu (@TerriChu) April 8, 2019
Sedation w colonoscopies
Medicine for children
Things he thinks it does:
Buck a beer
We embarrassed yet? #onpoli
The provincial government is expected to issue a formal statement on this along with the budget.
What do you think of this proposal?
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Doug Ford Working to Make Alcohol Significantly More Accessible in Brampton
- Ford Government Amends Liquor License Act Allowing People To Drink Earlier
- Doug Ford Moves Forward on Plan to Sell Alcohol in Corner Stores
- Ford Government Accused of Planning to Privatize Healthcare in Ontario
- Students Planning Walkouts to Protest Provincial Government Education Changes in Brampton