Ford Government Unveils New Ontario Licence Plates
It's no secret that the current government has recently been pushing to revamp Ontario's "brand" -- and part of that rebranding will include rolling out new licence plates.
As part of the 2019 Ontario budget released today (Thursday, April 11), the government unveiled what the new plates will look like.
"This new shared brand will be encapsulated in a new shared visual identity rooted in the modernized Ontario Trillium Logo," the report says. "The logo is accompanied by a clear and succinct articulation of a simple unifying principle: that the Ontario government is 'Working for You.'"
The plates feature the newer version of the Ontario trillium and the province's new tagline: “A Place to Grow.”
The government says it intends to deliver the province's new visual identity across the entire public sector while prohibiting the spending of taxpayer dollars on new logos or other visual identifiers going forward.
"Since 2011, the ministries and agencies of the Ontario government wasted more than $2 million on visual identity work that only served to fragment the Ontario government’s brand and confuse the public about what it stands for," the government report says.
So when can we expect to start seeing these new plates?
The province plans to begin issuing the new licence plates and new driver's licences after the current stocks of these items have been depleted.
What do you think of the new look?
Licence plate image via budget.ontario.ca
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga
- Police no longer believe Brampton incident was a kidnapping
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway
- Here's What the New Ontario Driver's Licence Will Look Like
- Provincial government addresses new Ontario license plates
- Ontario has begun issuing new license plates
- Ontario scraps licence plate redesign, will revert to old design
- Ontario will need to recall defective licence plates, cabinet minister says