Four arrested including two Brampton men after series of overnight robberies
Police have made four arrests after a string of robberies that happened overnight from January 25 to 26 in Burlington and Milton.
At 11:50 p.m., two males allegedly entered the Rabba Fine Foods on Derry Road, Milton and demanded cash from the clerk. The suspects fled the store with cash and cigarettes, and were seen exiting the parking lot in a black vehicle.
"The accused males indicated they had a firearm but one was not observed by the clerk," police say.
At 1:03 a.m., police say the same group attended the Esso gas station at 1170 Guelph Line, Burlington, indicated they were in possession of a firearm, and demanded cash. They fled with a small amount of money.
Minutes later at 1:13 a.m., the suspects attended the Esso gas station at 5539 Harvester Road, Burlington and again demanded cash and cigarettes, but were interrupted by an unsuspecting patron, police say. They quickly fled the scene.
The accused males were located within minutes of the last robbery by an officer who observed the suspect vehicle entering onto the QEW at Dorval Drive.
Four people were arrested and stolen property was recovered from the vehicle.
The following charges have been pressed:
- Liban Guedi, 19 years old of Etobicoke: Three counts of robbery and possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
- Hasan Abdihafid Hassan, 18 years old of Etobicoke: Three counts of robbery, wearing a disguise and possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
- Dahir Kheyre, 19 years old of Brampton: Three counts of robbery, wearing a disguise and property obtained by crime under $5000
- Ilyas Kheyre, 20 years old of Brampton: Three counts of robbery and property obtained by crime under $5000
No injuries were sustained in any of the robberies, police say.
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- Canadian government changing stress test rate for mortgages soon
- Ontario looks into licence plate defect weeks after new decals released
- Brampton collision sends man to hospital; closes Steeles Ave
- Youth arrested following string of retail robberies in Brampton
- Brampton Woman Charged in Armed Jewelry Store Robbery
- Four Young Males Arrested for Stealing Vehicle from Brampton Driveway
- Two Arrested for String of Armed Robberies in Brampton and Toronto
- Three Brampton Teens Arrested Following Robbery With Replica Assault Rifle