Four Brampton artists recognized with JUNO Awards 2020 nominations
It's an exciting week for artists and musicians of Brampton!
While the Juno Awards looked a little different this year amid the COVID-19 pandemic, four Brampton artists were recognized with Juno Awards 2020 nominations.
The Juno Awards, which first began in February 1970, is a coveted Canadian music awards celebration that acknowledges musical artists and bands in Canada and celebrates their artistic achievements in music.
While the online event looked different due to the lack of the overall tone and energy of annual acceptance speeches and screaming fans in the crowd, it featured several powerful intimate performances.
The nominations were issued to Alessia Cara, Tory Lanez, Jessie Reyez and Exco Levi; all of which are Brampton natives.
Alessia Cara came out as the top winner at this year’s Juno Awards, winning three trophies in a pre-recorded ceremony due to COVID-19.
Congratulations to these artists!
- Seven of the top 10 most rat-infested cities in Ontario in GTHA
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- PICK A SIDE: Should Ontario return to Stage 2?
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- Police searching for motorcyclist who fled scene of crash in Brampton
- These Brampton artists just received 2020 Juno Awards nominations
- 2020 JUNO Awards to be hosted by Brampton's Alessia Cara
- Alessia Cara wins a leading three Juno Awards at streaming ceremony
- Brampton Pop Star Alessia Cara Scores Four Juno Nominations
- Two Popular Brampton Musicians Score Multiple Juno Nominations