Four Young Males Arrested for Stealing Vehicle from Brampton Driveway
Halton Regional Police have reported that four young men from Brampton and Oakville were arrested and charged for stealing a vehicle from a Brampton driveway earlier this month.
Police said that on May 2, shortly before midnight, a uniformed officer observed a red Cadillac being driven in an “erratic manner” going southbound on Guelph Line from Dundas Street in Burlington.
Upon seeing police, the vehicle made several turns and pulled into a private driveway on Greenbough Crescent after which four male occupants ran from the vehicle.
The occupants were quickly located and arrested by police.
Police determined that the vehicle had been stolen earlier in the evening from a driveway in Brampton.
Vaishnavan Suthagaran, 21, of Brampton, was charged with possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, obstructing a peace officer, and failing to comply with recognizance. Suthagaran was held for bail and remains in custody.
Jared Myles Amurao, 21, of Brampton, was charged with possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000. Myles was released on bail and will appear in Milton court on May 24th.
Mohammed Abdullah Jama, 18, of Oakville, was charged with possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 and failing to comply with undertaking. Jama was released on bail and will appear in Milton court on May 31st.
A 17-year-old male was charged with possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000, obstructing a peace officer, and three counts of failing to comply with recognizance.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 ext. 2316. Tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers “See something, Hear something, Say something” at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “Tip201” with your message to 274637 (crimes).
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl from Brampton
- Ontario to introduce bill to extend some emergency measures over the next year
- First responders attending to house fire in Brampton
- Brampton councillor proposing park name change to honour abolitionists
- House of the Week: $1.6 Mil house with spacious backyard
- Brampton Men Charged After Stolen Vehicle Crash
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- Three men arrested in relation to stolen vehicle in Brampton
- Three Males Arrested Following Vehicle Theft in Brampton
- Two Brampton Men Arrested in Connection with Stolen Vehicles and Drug Possession