Free Concert with Big Names Coming to Brampton
Canada 150 celebrations are in full flow, and with that, a free concert series will be hitting Brampton this Friday!
Ontario’s free ONtour concert series is ready to take over Garden Square from 7 p.m.-11 p.m. on Friday, September 1, 2017 - the final night of the Friday Night Live series that’s been happening at Garden Square all summer.
The Brampton stop on the tour will feature some incredible talent. Four homegrown artists are scheduled to perform, here’s who and when:
- Anjulie @ 7:15 p.m.
- JoSH the BaND @ 8 p.m.
- Kardinal Offishall @ 8:45 p.m.
- Amanda Marshall @ 10 p.m.
Residents are reminded that parking is free in the city’s municipal parking garage after 7 p.m., and, as with any festival, there will be a few road closures.
The following road closures will be in effect on Friday, September 1, at 6 p.m. until Saturday, September 2, at 12 a.m.:
- Main Street from John Street to Nelson Street
- Queen Street from George Street to Theatre Lane
The ONtour concert series will stop in more than 20 communities across Ontario from June 25 to September 17, showcasing some of the province’s best homegrown talent.
"ONtour is an opportunity for people from all walks of life to share in this communal experience, to build community pride, and to create cherished memories for years to come," said Eleanor McMahon, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport.
The entire provincial roster boasts more than 50 popular artists from Ontario, including the Jim Cuddy Band, Serena Ryder, Kim Mitchell, The Tea Party, Magic!, Tom Cochrane, James Barker Band, Our Lady Peace, Big Wreck, Kardinal Offishall, The Philospher Kings, Barenaked Ladies, Melanie Brulee, USS, Alx Veliz, Anjulie, Jonathan Roy, Coleman Hell, Scott Helman, River Town Saints, Michelle Treacy, Francesco Yates, DJ Shub, Karl Wolf, Next Generation Leahy, Tyler Shaw, Midnight Shine, Mia Martina, and others.
Be sure to head out and enjoy the last bit of summer, Brampton!
More locations and artists can be found here.
Cover photo courtesy of @kardinalo on Instagram
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Brampton
- City Council approves plan for Brampton’s last undeveloped area
- Brampton man arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter
- Ontario reports fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19 for sixth day in a row
- Brampton man and Mississauga woman charged after motorcycle theft, assault against officer