Free Tax Help Available for Low-Income Brampton Residents
Lower-income families in Brampton and surrounding Peel cities can breathe a sigh of relief this tax season, as the Region is currently operating its free annual tax preparation clinics.
The clinics are being held every Saturday (with the exception of Easter weekend) at regional offices in both Brampton and Mississauga.
The clinics are completely complimentary and offered to individual residents who earn $30,000 or less a year or households that earn $40,000 or less. The services are provided by volunteer members of the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) of Ontario as part of the CRA's Community Volunteer Tax Program.
Last year, more than 2,000 returns were filed through the region's program.
If you want to visit a clinic, advance sign-up is required. You'll be told which documents you have to bring when you make your appointment, but you should be aware that the clinic might not be a good fit for you if your tax situation is a little more complex (such as if you're self-employed or have declared bankruptcy).
You can visit a clinic at the Region of Peel Human Services Department (10 Peel Centre Drive, Suite B) on Saturday, April 1 and Saturday April 29. You can sign up by calling 905-793-9200 ext. 8203.
To learn more, click here.
- UPDATE: Pedestrian struck by vehicle in Brampton pronounced dead
- Pedestrian seriously injured after being hit by vehicle in Brampton
- Multiple coyotes have been spotted in Brampton
- Single-home buyers and condo living on the rise; here's what you need to earn in Brampton
- Cannabis sales associated with boost in property values in Brampton