Weather Advisory for Brampton This Afternoon
Although it's already been a difficult day on Brampton roads, inclement weather could continue to make for poor driving conditions in the city.
Environment Canada recently announced that weather advisories are in effect for Halton and Peel (Burlington, Oakville, Caledon, Halton Hills, Milton, Mississauga and Brampton).
Environment Canada says the regions could see up to 10 cm of snow, some of which will blow around as the wind picks up. Brief freezing rain is possible in some areas, as the snow is expected to shift to rain in the afternoon.
Untreated roads may be snow-covered and slippery, meaning driving conditions could be difficult. Drivers are advised to give themselves extra time to reach their destinations.
Environment Canada also reports that winds will continue to increase in evening, with widespread gusts of up to 80 km.
You might want to avoid any unnecessary travel and take extra time and care if you do have to commute.
Stay safe, everyone!
- What's Open and Closed Victoria Day Weekend in Brampton
- Incredible Photos of Shoppers World Through the Years in Brampton
- Police Searching for Suspect of Jewelry Store Theft in Brampton
- Peel Police Cleared Again in Man's Naloxone-Related Death in Brampton
- What's Open and Closed Family Day in Brampton