Freezing Rain Expected to Impact Morning Commute in Brampton
Residents take note, especially if you're commuting this morning.
Environment Canada reports periods of freezing drizzle continuing from Wednesday night into Thursday, with the potential for a brief period of freezing rain later in the afternoon.
Additionally, strong wind gusts in the 60 to 80 km/h range may be possible Thursday night and continuing into Friday.
"Challenging winter travelling conditions are expected through Thursday due to the prolonged period of icing," says Environment Canada.
Residents are advised to drive cautiously on roads and highways affected by icy conditions.
Temperatures are expected to rise Thursday afternoon, bringing an end to the freezing rain.
- Police no longer believe Brampton incident was a kidnapping
- All COVID-19 cases in Brampton schools for the week of September 14 to 19
- Police investigate possible kidnapping of a female in Brampton
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga
- Planning for this transformative Brampton project now underway