Freezing Rain Expected to Impact Morning Commute in Brampton
Residents take note, especially if you're commuting this morning.
Environment Canada reports periods of freezing drizzle continuing from Wednesday night into Thursday, with the potential for a brief period of freezing rain later in the afternoon.
Additionally, strong wind gusts in the 60 to 80 km/h range may be possible Thursday night and continuing into Friday.
"Challenging winter travelling conditions are expected through Thursday due to the prolonged period of icing," says Environment Canada.
Residents are advised to drive cautiously on roads and highways affected by icy conditions.
Temperatures are expected to rise Thursday afternoon, bringing an end to the freezing rain.
- Unexpected airport closure leaves Canadian travellers stranded on Cuban island
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to the Region of Peel this Friday
- Peel Regional Police investigating carjacking in Brampton
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport
- Police investigating fire in Brampton