Freezing Rain Expected to Impact Morning Commute in Brampton
Residents take note, especially if you're commuting this morning.
Environment Canada reports periods of freezing drizzle continuing from Wednesday night into Thursday, with the potential for a brief period of freezing rain later in the afternoon.
Additionally, strong wind gusts in the 60 to 80 km/h range may be possible Thursday night and continuing into Friday.
"Challenging winter travelling conditions are expected through Thursday due to the prolonged period of icing," says Environment Canada.
Residents are advised to drive cautiously on roads and highways affected by icy conditions.
Temperatures are expected to rise Thursday afternoon, bringing an end to the freezing rain.
- Premier Doug Ford reveals Brampton is "hot spot" for COVID-19
- Brampton issues 56 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to individual in crisis in Brampton