Freezing rain warning remains in effect for Brampton
It’s officially December and the strong winter weather is in full swing.
Freezing rain continues to fall and is expected to last for a few more hours before transitioning to freezing drizzle or flurries by this afternoon.
“Several millimeters of ice accretion are possible over these regions with some areas possibly receiving a few centimetres of ice pellets mixed with snow in addition to the freezing rain,” Environment Canada reports.
Strong wind gusts of up to 70 km/h are also in effect.
Residents are urged not to travel today if possible, as the icy roads and walkways pose a serious safety risk.
- Brampton reaches higher plateau for daily COVID-19 cases
- Brampton issues 56 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Brampton to make masks mandatory on city's public transit system
- Police searching for three suspects in relation to pair of purloined puppies
- Constable in Peel facing sexual assault charges