Gardiner Expressway reduced to two lanes until 2020
Good news for anyone who had to suffer through an extended trip to visit family this long weekend due to the Gardiner Expressway's closure--it's open again.
The bad news, however, is it is now being reduced to two lanes until the middle of 2020 for more renovations.
The reduction will be in both directions from York Street to the Don Valley Parkway. Additionally, the speed limit of this stretch will be reduced to 70 km/h, however, drivers are encouraged to reduce their speed to 60 km/h.
The reason for the lane reductions is so construction workers can replace the north half of the concrete deck and steel girders of the highway.
This is phase two of a three-phase renovation process for the Gardiner that is expected to be completed by 2021.
- Premier Doug Ford reveals Brampton is "hot spot" for COVID-19
- Brampton issues 56 additional physical distancing fines amid COVID-19 outbreak
- No mask, no service? Businesses have the right to require masks on customers
- Second employee at Brampton grocery store tests positive for COVID-19
- Police responding to individual in crisis in Brampton