Get Ready for Dangerous Weather Conditions in Brampton Today
Some dangerous weather conditions are expected for Brampton today (Jan. 23).
According to Environment Canada, Brampton could see some snow and a brief period of freezing rain.
The freezing rain is expected to change to rain by this afternoon, however, strong and gusty winds will carry on into the evening.
A brief thaw with rain and strong southwest winds reaching up to 70 km/h are expected this afternoon and will also carry on into the evening.
Colder air will return tonight.
A Colorado low is predicted track northeast across Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, resulting in a dramatic change in weather.
Snow, as mentioned, will become mixed with or change over to freezing rain early this morning.
Poor travelling conditions are expected as roads may become icy and slippery.
Parents and students are encouraged to check with their school directly about closures today.
IMPT: On Wednesday, Jan. 23, buses are cancelled for Caledon ONLY due to expected weather & icy road conditions throughout the day. All other buses are running and all schools are open. Buses for @JamesGrievePS, @SouthFieldsV, @TonyPontesPS and @EskerLakePS are running. pic.twitter.com/6UdF4FEux9— Peel District School Board (@PeelSchools) January 23, 2019
Stay safe out there today Brampton.
- Peel District schools in Brampton with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Brampton with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Province freezing rent for residential tenants in 2021
- Two Brampton men charged in connection to hit-and-run
- Over 500 drivers charged for having noisy vehicles in Brampton and Mississauga